Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fettuccine with Vegetables and Prosciutto

"This is probably my favorite thing that you make" - Jonathan Paul

This dish is from my BetterHomes cookbook. We love it, and it's so easy! I didn't know what prosciutto (proh-SHOO-toh) was before I cooked this. . . It is a spicy, cured ham. I get mine in the deli section of my favorite grocer.

8 ounces dried fettuccine, broken
1 pound fresh asparagus,sliced into 1-inch pieces
1 TBSP olive oil
4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
3 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
Grated Parmesan cheese

  1. Cook fettuccine, drain and keep warm (shouldn't be a problem because it will be done about the same time as the veggies)
  2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and stir asparagus in hot oil for 3 minutes or until nearly tender.
  3. Add tomatoes and prosciutto; cook about 2 minutes more or until heated through.
  4. Add asparagus mixture to fettuccine; stir gently to combine.
  5. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is too funny!!! I just realized that I already posted this recipe. See - We really do love it! You should definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete